Transitioning into Fall
As a southerner, it’s always hard to transition into fall in September (October and November-let’s be honest!) September 1st arrives and we are SO ready to jump into Fall clothes but our temperatures don’t let us fully commit. So we have to get savvy on how to look seasonally appropriate in this non-fall weather. A few tips on transitioning into Fall:
1. Fall Color Palettes-For me, I turn to traditional fall colors of black, brown, camel, green, burgundy, navy, and gray color starting in September. According to the Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report, below is an overview highlighting the top colors fashion designers showed at NY fashion week last February for this fall. Autmnal hues that evoke the feeling of leaves on the forest floor, rich plumage and twilight reveal a modern fall palette of deep and rich tones with outburst of color surprises.
2. Change handbags & clutches- I’m switching out my bright straw bags for my leather handbags and clutches. Again, staying within those warm rich color palettes for my bags I choose each week.
3. Light Layers- Blazers, moto jackets, and denim jackets (in black & army green). In order to wear these light layers now I typically layer a thin tee or camisole under my blazers so it’s not too hot.
4. Bring out the hats- You can have a super lightweight dress on but if you pair it with a black wool hat (and black booties) you instantly have a fall look. Some of my favs are fedora, panama, floppy brim, & baseball cap.
5. Light booties, loafers, ballet flats- We are looking for lightweight closed toe shoes as we transition. We will save our knee and OTK boots for the winter months.
HAPPY fall friends!!